Gå till innehåll

Välkommen till Forum om Thailand!

Inte medlem än? Registrera dig nu direkt!

BLI MEDLEM
stgrhe

Köpa bil i Thailand - Inlägget på engelska

Rekommendera Poster

Här är några goda råd av Gary Hacker från Pattaya Expat Club om att köpa bil i Thailand

Göran

You will need an "O" Visa (Min kommentar: jag skulle tro att det fungerar om man har ett Non-B visum också!) issued in your home country to purchase a vehicle. You will also need a permanent resident address in Thailand and a paper from Immigration verifying this. You will need to apply and receive a Thai Drivers License.

You will need to obtain two different insurance policies. One is a low end mandatory Thai insurance required by the State and costing about 1,600 Baht. (Min kommentar: det är den som krävs enligt lag) The other is a First Class Insurance policy covering the cars occupants, damaged property, your own vehicle and adequate liability. This First Class policy usually runs about 20-30 Thousand Thai Baht for the first year. If you have no claims, it is reduced by 20% the second year and again by 20% for the third. (Min kommentar: Min frus fyra år gamla Nissan Sunny kostar ca 18,000 baht per år).

It may also be a good idea to look into a road coverage policy in case you break down on the highway in some remote location. I understand that these are available for about Baht 3,000 per year.

To own and register a car you will need:

- A non immigrant visa

- Proof of residency - rental agreement or home ownership papers

- Money!

Before you buy:

- Have it clear in your mind what type of vehicle you want and the price range. Trucks hold their value better than other vehicles.

- Understand that cars maintain their value much better than you are used to in your home country.

- Know that Thais are generally hard on cars and typically maintain them poorly, so consider a new car if you can afford it, and use extra care in checking for mechanical damage before you buy a pre-owned vehicle.

Look for signs of Collision:

- Paint overspray on glass, rubber or trim.

- Wrinkled metal under the hood.

- Misaligned bumpers, doors, hood and other body panels.

Check the Engine:

- Have someone start the engine while you look at the exhaust pipe. A little black smoke on start up is OK, but blue smoke indicates burning oil - don't buy it!

- Check the engine runs smoothly and idles quietly.

Check the Mileage:

- Look for excessive wear on the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals. Also on the driver's side door hinges. High wear in any of these areas may indicate high mileage in excess of what the odometer is showing.

Title and Registration:

- Check the book that comes with the car. No Book? Then just run very fast to the next dealership.

- Compare the chassis number in the book with the chassis number on the vehicle.

- Check to see where the car is registered. If it's registered anywhere but where you live, you will have to travel to the city of registration to transfer the registration to your residence. Not much fun if that's in Chiang Mai and you live far away!

Get an experienced technician to check for problems before you buy:

- Once you have checked all of the above yourself, have the car inspected by an independent mechanic, someone not associated with the selling party. Tell the seller you want this inspection done before you buy or commit to buy. Expect small repairs but do not buy someone else's expensive problems.

- Buy from a well established dealer. That way, if you have a problem the chances are that it will be taken care of quickly.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser
Gäst Fyllet

Hmm...Jag kan köpa bil, mc, hus till och med mark i Thailand om jag vill utan visa eller pengar på banken :cool :cool

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Försökte köpa bil här i Korat för ett halvår sedan, blev upplyst att jag som farang endast kunde köpa bil i Pattaya, även några av min frus vänner här försökte hjälpa till men även dom fick samma svar. Brydde mig inte om att forska så mycket i saken eftersom vi skrev bilen i fruns namn.

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Skapa ett konto eller logga in för att kommentera

Du måste vara medlem för att kunna kommentera

Skapa ett konto

Registrera ett nytt konto i våran gemenskap. Det är lätt!

Registrera ett nytt konto

Logga in

Redan medlem? Logga in här.

Logga in nu